Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I'm being garnished at work for 25% can't afford to be need…

Customer Question
I'm being garnished at work...
I'm being garnished at work for 25% can't afford to be need to quit my job 11000 dollars
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Finance
12/1/2017
Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Who is garnishing your wages? IRS? State?

Same ?

The IRS is not the same as the state you live in.

Who is garnishing your wages?

My car was totalled, i did not have gap insurance the insurance total the car that really wasn't told just a joke I have to pay 11 that welder it was 9800 but no interest now they're saying Ford Motor Company took it to a lawyer in a lawyer went to court I didn't know about it so I never went to court or I would have went I work for Ford AZ Betsy that makes it even worse you know I had a 0% loan for 72 months and I was paying on it religiously every payment now they're garnishing my wages at 25% I barely make enough to pay my bills as it is I've talked to the lawyer about lowering the rate I asked for like 1% they just won't do it they're saying the best we could do it at 4 calls 15% 15% too much I don't even have a 401 I can't afford insurance so I don't have it insurance with the company I don't know what to do we're going to lose our home at 6 children

This is more of a legal question than a tax question.

I have requested your question be moved to the proper category.

Please do not respond to me since that will delay the process.

Thank you.