Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I'm being garnished at work for 25% can't afford to be need…

Customer Question
I'm being garnished at work...
I'm being garnished at work for 25% can't afford to be need to quit my job 11000 dollars
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Finance
12/1/2017
Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Who is garnishing your wages? IRS? State?

Same ?

The IRS is not the same as the state you live in.

Who is garnishing your wages?

My car was totalled, i did not have gap insurance the insurance total the car that really wasn't told just a joke I have to pay 11 that welder it was 9800 but no interest now they're saying Ford Motor Company took it to a lawyer in a lawyer went to court I didn't know about it so I never went to court or I would have went I work for Ford AZ Betsy that makes it even worse you know I had a 0% loan for 72 months and I was paying on it religiously every payment now they're garnishing my wages at 25% I barely make enough to pay my bills as it is I've talked to the lawyer about lowering the rate I asked for like 1% they just won't do it they're saying the best we could do it at 4 calls 15% 15% too much I don't even have a 401 I can't afford insurance so I don't have it insurance with the company I don't know what to do we're going to lose our home at 6 children

This is more of a legal question than a tax question.

I have requested your question be moved to the proper category.

Please do not respond to me since that will delay the process.

Thank you.

Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant