Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I'm a single struggling mother and student trying to get…

Customer Question
I'm a single struggling mother...
I'm a single struggling mother and student trying to get about 1000-5000 for a car and expenses do you know any resources like maybe a grant or something of that nature or quick turnaround investment stock market or job I can do to help me make ends meet
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 4 days by:
12/2/2017
Financial Professional: Bryan M., Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 7 months ago
Bryan M.
Bryan M., Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, I would steer clear of any kind of "quick" investment. Safe investing is for the long term. Anything that promises quick returns are likely going to lose your money. I would focus on quick, flexible jobs that you can do from home. Websites like fiverr have small jobs that people will pay money for that can be done remotely from home a lot of times. Also, phone apps like Roadie let you sign up to deliver items for a fee going to places that you will already be traveling. I would explore things like this versus giving anyone money for promises of a quick buck. Lastly, people are always looking for good babysitters, house cleaners, etc. You could also look for odd jobs on Craigslist in your area.