Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

My daughter has a small Roth 3K.....she wants to get a

"traditional" IRA thru her bank.....Can...
My daughter has a small Roth 3K.....she wants to get a "traditional" IRA thru her bank.....Can she have both or must she convert the Roth
She is 27
11/16/2017
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you today.

Tax payers with earned income may own both a traditional and a Roth IRA.

The contribution limits will vary based on variables such as filing status, amount of earned income and the access to an employer sponsored plan.

She will not have to convert her Roth to a Traditional IRA.

I would be happy to answer any follow up questions you may have.

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to accept the answer by rating the answer with three stars or more.

A positive rating of five stars is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®

Thank you for the rating

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a great day!