Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I got a "Intent to seize property" notice, what is the best…

I got a "Intent to...
I got a "Intent to seize property" notice, what is the best plan of action? Just advise please.
10/17/2017
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

From the IRS or CT?

IRS

Because you received the notice, I assume you owe the IRS for back taxes. Is that correct?

Were you on an installment agreement with the IRS and failed to pay?

How much do you owe the IRS?

I owe $93,000.00, I was on an installment plan but every year when I do my taxes I owe again so it's void and here we go again.

Don't worry. When you are on an installment agreement and file your tax return and owe additional taxes, the installment agreement goes into default.

All you have to do is call the number on the notice, and ask the IRS to include the new tax liability on your installment agreement. You may have to increase the monthly payment amount.

Do I need a hearing?

Absolutely not. A phone call will do it.

Call the number on the notice NOT the main IRS number.

bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Just let me know if you have any other questions/problems with this in the future, and I'll be glad to help.

bkb1956
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast