Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Yoday I was balancing my checkbook and saw that my social…

Customer Question
Yoday I was balancing...

Yoday I was balancing my checkbook and saw that my social security deposit was only $48.60 and has always has been 2116.80. I have no idea why.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more do you need? I don't normally give out my social security number and have heard that that it is never asked for by the Feds.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Finance
10/5/2017
Financial Professional: Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 10 months ago
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you. Your benefits can be reduced for a number of reasons. Do you have a "my Social Security" account set up with the Social Security Administration website? If not, I can walk you through how to set up one, assuming that you do not want to give me your social security number. The other option is to call them, which is certainly no fun. Let me know how you would like to proceed when you get a chance. Thanks!