Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

My credit score is at 430, just went up from 406. I have…

Customer Question
My credit score is at...
My credit score is at 430, just went up from 406. I have since opened a credit card and use it for all my bills and pay it off when due. I was asked by my girlfriends father if I would be interested in buying his home and that he would ask for the lowest offer he can go on the house. He has a lot of renovations to do. The house seems to be valued at 350K. My girlfriend and I are both wanting to buy it together. What are my options, if any at all? I currently and have been using Credit Karma and I've inquired for a free annual credit report, but I don't really understand it.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Finance
9/28/2017
Financial Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Accountant replied 10 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Typically the lowest FICO score that a person can have to obtain a FHA mortgage is 580. Conventional loan programs typically require a FICO score of 620 and higher. You may be able to obtain a mortgage if you had a co-signed that has a high FICO score.

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, I ask that you be so kind as to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.