Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I just decided to ask an accountant with hopefully an

Customer Question
Hi I just decided...

Hi I just decided to ask an accountant with hopefully an inexpensive fee to check some tax returns to double check what would be 40 percent for child support purposes. I think he was making more and therefore, did not pay the right amount. I have two tax returns so far 2015 and 2016. 2015 shows the history back from 2013 and 14.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The reason I am asking this is because especially in 2015, it looks like he started a few businesses and I'm sure it was for the purpose of trying to reduce his net pay. in 2015, the judge told us to talk about an amount which obviously hsould have been 40% but he seems to think the judge meant just pick a number! we have a divorce agreement and the law also states it's 40% I have a lawyer that says I can go back to 2011 but lawyers cost alot. So, I ijust want to confirm the amount on the taxes after his ridiculous business deals.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I can do this for you but would need to bill out at my normal rate 250/hr.

...

From what you've said, however, this should not be a lengthy exercise, as long as you can provide the returns