Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I have just been given the financials of a business that is…

Customer Question
Hi, I have just...

Hi, I have just been given the financials of a business that is for sale. in the meeting the vendor mentioned only selling the inventory as the business financials were not substantial enough to sell as a running business. The facts: vendor abn created July 2010, the business name registered August 2016, P/L 14-15 $16k, P/L 15-16 $7k, P/L 16-17 $42k, Asking price for inventory $85k (money spent collecting stock over 3 years $42k) asking price Goodwill for business $60k, no booked jobs/contracts/ongoing works from December 31st 2017 only 18 jobs booked up until dec 31st. My questions: is this vendor on cloud 9 or where is she getting her valuation from? my accountant is not available until next week and I need help coming up with a return offer as I don't believe where she is starting can be justified. This is a wedding hire business. thank you looking forward to your help.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I can send through the spreadsheet of figures

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Finance
I have attached the costing's/finance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/22/2017
Financial Professional: PDtax, CPA, MBA replied 11 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

I'll send a service offer next.

helloCustomer

I'm a CPA/MBA with extensive buy/sell experience.

When is this needed?

I'm sorry I cannot afford that :(

Then I'll opt out. Good luck with your project.

I was hoping for advice now as my accountant is not available till next week

And you asked for several hours of work and a short deadline.

Other experts can review your request and advise.