Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I have a question concerning the SEC.My question is more…

Customer Question
I have a question concerning...
I have a question concerning the SEC.My question is more involved than I can ask over this medium. If you wish to contact me, just text me here and I will give you my number or email address. Thank you for your time and cooperation.Respectfully Submitted,PSR
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Financial Professional: 11012014Jah,
 replied 8 months ago
11012014Jah

Hi,I'm Jules, an expert on Just Answer. Tell me a bit more about your question, and if I can help, I will do my best to support you :)

Thank You Ms. Jules. In 2001, I owned a Telecommunication Business, that was charged with operating a Ponze operation. It was not my Company that was committing this action, but a sub-contractor of said company, without our knowledge. The SEC won a judgment against me in the amount of $6,000,000. After the case went to the*****of Appeals (in 2003), were I was found guilty of only being a poor manger and having committing any kind of seater, the judgement was declared dis-chargeable by the Bankruptcy Court in Connecticut (in 2004). then in 2012, the SEC started taking 15% out of my Social Security Checks, each month and continues to do so, only on the premiss that they can. At this time I am in the need to know, as to if I have my name on my wife’s Title to her home, can the SEC try to attach her income or her house in any way? Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Respectfully Submitted,
Paul Rubera
After reading my question, if you feel there is a need to talk over the phone, please let me know? Thanks.
Financial Professional: 11012014Jah,
 replied 8 months ago
Wow. That sounds like a frustrating conundrum. I wish I could tell you a bit more about the topic but my profession is as a licensed mental health counselor, and so I believe your question was miscategorized. If you needed help "coping" or sorting through the feelings associated with all of it, I could be a great asset. Unfortunately, it sounds like I will need to have the moderator move you to another category though for your question to be answered appropriately! It will only take a moment for me to opt out and they will change you to the correct service provider!
Thank You and have a great rest of the week.
Financial Professional: 11012014Jah,
 replied 8 months ago

Same to you. I wish I knew more about securities and exchange, but I mainly focus on feelings and thought patterns. haha.

I have just noticed an error in my question. I was found Not Guilty of committing Seater in any way, shape or form, by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hello Paul - My name's Lane - I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986.

...

Looks like no one is picking up your question here. Would you still like some help?

...

Let me know,

Lane

I certainly would appreciate it.

What have you tried with SEC. Have you provided them (certified mail or other proof of deliver) a copy of the court order, of the court's holding?

they signed off on my Bankruptcy in 2004. Then they did nothing until 2012, when they started taking 15% of my Social Security Check,( ($287.90 each month). In 2012, I hired a SEC Attorney from CT., Mr. Shoal. He spoke to the SEC and found out that they had gotten a law passed that they felt allowed them to take said moneys. Mr. Shoal stated that the only way I could possibly get the SEC to back off was to get the original BK Judge to write them, telling them that they had to stop. Unfortunately he had passed away several years earlier. The other way would be to possibly take the SEC back to Court or go back into BK Court. Neither of which I am able to do, because of the amount of money that would require.

That's right. It's a shame but the recourse for something like this (get it in front of a Judge and it goes away) is to take legal action against them (by the way, don't ever take legal action against a sovereign (Fed gvt, State gvt, or agency) The respondent should always be the current director (commissioner in this case).

...

YOu might want to try using a legal aid atty or demand you right to counsel under the 6th.

...

Honestly, if you can get someone to look at this (legal aid, whomever) given the circumstances, simply filing a complaint may make them stop. I'm not so sure I buy that you'd need a letter from a judge. What you need is to take legal action to make them stop.

...

What you're dealing with here is some clerk (bureaucrat lawyer) trying to get a feather in his/her hat by collecting and playing hard ball here

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS