Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

If I want to establish a LLC with managing the investment…

Customer Question
If I want to establish...
If I want to establish a LLC with managing the investment properties, should the title of the properties be under the LLC or is it ok under my personal name? I am trying to isolate these properties from my personal finance for tax purpose.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Finance
7/31/2017
Financial Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 6 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello, My name is***** am a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional. I am also registered with the IRS and have obtained a valid Preparer Tax Identification Number.

If your goal is to keep the properties isolated from your personal finance then you will definitely want to place the titles in the name of the LLC.

Depending on how you structure your LLC will depend on how your tax situation is affected. I do recommend for liability reasons and in order to separate your personal finances from your properties, place the title of the properties in the name of the LLC.

If you do have further questions or if my answer was incomplete or needs further clarification please let me know and I would be happy to extend my answer.

Please rate my service if you have NO further questions by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit.

I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®