Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Double declining balance depreciation. Shouldn't the asset…

Double declining balance depreciation. Shouldn't...
Double declining balance depreciation. Shouldn't the asset be fully depreciated after the useful live if there is no salvage value? If this calculator is wrong, please provide a schedule that is correct.https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/financial/depreciation-declining-double.php?cost=100%2C000.00&salvage=0&life=5&month=1&year=2018&convention=Full-Month&dollars=true&ans=schedule&action=solveThank you!
6/30/2017
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor

Hi. Great Question. Yes - however, is the useful life on your tax return the same as on your books.

but the schedule link I attached shows residual value after 5 years. What's wrong?
please answer the original question or throw it back into the pool. Thank you, --jeff

Sorry - just want to confirm, before answering - so, I can give you the correct response.

do you have what you need to proceed?

Yes.

Hi. I checked it on Excel, as well. What is happening is the calculator is not taking into account the life of the asset - accumulated depreciation is ok for years 1 through 4 - year 5 should have an additional $7,776 accumulated depreciation added to it, so the value is -0-.

can you produce a table as was requested?

Hi. A schedule cannot be attached. However - here is what can be

(###) ###-####4 40000 60000

600000 . 4 24000 36000

360000. 4 14400 21600

216000. 4 8640 12960

129600 12,960 -0-

Asset Value Double Declining Bal Factor Accum Deprec Net Asset

ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor