Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075

Is everything more expensive in California?

Customer Question

Category: Finance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Good evening,

As someone who lives in the Golden State, pricing for various items can be more expensive while other things are less than what is found in the rest of the country.

For example, real estate pricing is quite expensive as places such as San Francisco and Los Angeles offer some of the highest pricing to live anyplace in the country. Same would do with taxes as higher for the cost of living. Prop 13 though has helped in keeping property tax level.

Other things like produce in the supermarket is less as many items that we buy are grown in the state which allows for lower pricing than other parts of the country.

So while living in the state can cost more for things, business has been doing well and growing in places such as Silicon Valley and parts of San Francisco and Los Angeles.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Take care,

Michael