Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Not really a tax question but this is closest category. I…

Hi, Not really a tax question...
Not really a tax question but this is closest category.
I have a HELOC from my teachers' credit union. The rate has gone up a couple times and I've adjusted my payments accordingly.
The payments are automatically deducted from my USAA checking account.
The most recent rate increase just happened and started June 1. I added the additional money into the payment which was sent out today. Same time it always goes out. The most recent increase was $2.
I rec'd a call from the credit union that I owe $15. How can that be? I find it very annoying. I've done everything right. If the credit union screwed up, I feel that's not my fault. Can they really do this? If I were behind at all, (which I'm not) they would have contacted me long ago.
Thanks,
Holly
Yesterday
6/9/2017
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Hi, Holly.

My best advice is to contact your credit union and ask them for information about the $15 that they are claiming you owe them the additional $15. If it is their mistake, they should (and probably will) correct their mistake.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Can you activate the five stars so I can rate you so you can get paid?
Thanks
Holly

Holly,

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated!

Barb