Andrew Jordan
Andrew Jordan, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Shareholder at Connally, Jordan & Associates PC
98457396

I work for my family employee benefits business and am

Customer Question

I work for my family employee benefits business and am looking to branch out to help individuals with a company that focuses on helping individuals with advising and placing products for their insurance and investment needs. Any ideas? My Last name is ***** ***** that helps. Thanks!
Category: Finance
Expert:  Andrew Jordan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm a CPA. The best ideas that I can give you are to network with as many business professionals as possible! This will give you more referrals, which you will want to keep track of. As far as business plans, you might want to limit liability with an LLC formation, but I can't really advise you on the tax aspect without knowing a good bit more about your situation!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What I am looking for are some name ideas. for the business.

You want to have something creative but you also want something that, in itself, will tell your potential clients what you are primarily offering. What is going to be your primary service? Life insurance, health insurance/benefits, investments, etc.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to be able to communicate that those three things are primarily what I'll be offering. Is it better to go with ABC financial or Brooks Group or have you seen any other firm names that you like better? Or have you seen any character words like integrity, pride, honest INC.? Or have you seen any to the point sales words like discount or low rate or supreme service incorporated into the name?

You want to convey those messages, but you can easily have insurance & benefits below your name on whatever sign without putting too much into the name. How about something like "Brooks Sustainable Benefit Solutions" or "Brooks Reliable Benefit Solutions?" I wouldn't use too many adjectives and remember you're in a professional field, so you don't want to use any keywords that imply "cheap" or "discounted." Use keywords that convey trust and assurance that you're out for your client's best interests.

I hope this helps! Congratulations on your new venture!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't use benefit in the name. That's the one thing the new business won't be doing, because that is what my family's business does. Amy other ideas m

You could change "Benefit" to "Financial"