How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2608
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking for an accountant to help me fill out a W-2, Have an

Customer Question

looking for an accountant to help me fill out a W-2
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Have an employee that needs a W-2 -
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I just need them to calculate the taxes due for Fed/St/Medi/etc. and provide me with the numbers based on their exemptions ok
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I would like to assist. However, I have a question, what year is this for? A W-2 is prepared at year end based on current year salary, withholds, taxes already paid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand. I must convert a 2016 consultant to an employee. Employee earned $250,000 for 2016 and I just need the tax break down so I can complete the W2.
Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

I can do the calculation, but not until tomorrow; if you don't mind waiting. Again, this would be converting his 2016 income to a W-2?


If that is the case, I should inform you that you would be late in reporting/filing the 2016 W-2 and related payroll taxes. Your payroll taxes alone would be over $15,000 (not including penalties) and then you might be held with more liability for failing to withhold taxes. Converting him to a W-2 will make you liable for some other payroll taxes as well, related late fees and might trigger an audit. Are you positive this is something you want to do for 2016?

Expert:  Matthew Breecher replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you are still seeking assistance.