How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ABC Accounting Group Your Own Question
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 708
Experience:  Accounting Manager
Type Your Finance Question Here...
ABC Accounting Group is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner and I just started a healthcare recruiting

This answer was rated:

Hello! My partner and I just started a healthcare recruiting company and at this point it's her and myself. We are working as a partnership as consultants. Would it be better to switch to a S-corp or C-Corp for tax purposes?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: no
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We are working as a Partnership under a DBA
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi. If you were become an S-Corp, you will not have to pay self-employment tax which is around 15%. You would file an 1120S return, instead of a 1065 return.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions. Thank you.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. And what would switching to a c corp mean? Would we have any benefit to doing that?
Hi. C Corp's right now have more paperwork and you could go public, if you wanted to, as well. S Corp gives you the same liability protection and has less paperwork.
ABC Accounting Group and 2 other Finance Specialists are ready to help you