Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I need to depreciate a a/c machine for a car shop, what is

Customer Question

I need to depreciate a a/c machine for a car shop , what is the life of the machine? I also need to depreciate a lift for a car shop . What is the estimated life of the equipment? Thanks
Category: Finance
Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.

Hi

The machine should be depreciated over 7 years.

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that I am credited with my work here.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What about the a/c machine?
Expert:  Anne replied 6 months ago.

I apologize for being unclear. As long as the a/c is portable, then it too should be depreciated over 7 years. 7 years is a "catch all" for things that aren't given any other life span, which is why you will often see alot of 7 year property being depreciated.

I hope this helps.