Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

Problem with self employment tax. On a farm rental return…

Customer Question
Problem with self employment...

Problem with self employment tax. On a farm rental return form 4835, which is a cash rental the 1040 keeps computing self employment tax.

Accountant's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Toshiba

Accountant's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
3/28/2017
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Certainly shouldn't be. The very nature of the the criteria FOR the form is that there's no material participation.

...

If you tell me what software you're using, I can look in the knowledgebase here to see what's going on.

...

(If it is one of the intuit products, could be a simple as overriding the form, or deleting)

...

What software are you using?

I hold a law degree, concentrating in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents, since 1986

Again, if you'll tell me what software you're using I can give a more specific answer

...

Thanks,

Lane