Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

I NEED ASSISTANCE WITH PREPARING MY TAX RETURN mY

Customer Question
I NEED ASSISTANCE WITH...

I NEED ASSISTANCE WITH PREPARING MY TAX RETURN mY INFORMATION WAS SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERED FROM 2015, BUT IT IS TAXING MY STATE TAX( AS TAXABLE. MILITARY PENSIONS ARE NOT TAXABLE IN PA. THE PROGRAM IS PLACING IT AS TAXABLE. THE INFORMATION WAS SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERED FROM 2015. I CANNOT DETERMINE THE PROBLEM.

Accountant's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

DELL

Accountant's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
3/21/2017
Financial Professional: PDtax, CPA, MBA replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

What software are you using?

I just checked how this works in our office software (ATX).

Line 1a on the PA40 should have a supporting schedule you can access to remove the pension from PA taxable income.

I would check that first, as your pension income can indeed be PA tax free. Sometimes finding the right check box to click can be worse than looking at the tax law.

Please rate my assistance with positive feedback. It completes your request, and credits me for my work. I am PDtax.

Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Since the previous expert opted out, I will be happy to assist you.

What tax software program are you using?

Thank you.

Barb

bkb1956
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast