How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2608
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an online business and I receive payments through

Customer Question

Hi! I have an online business and I receive payments through Paypal
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I receive my payments through Paypal, but I have not met the $20k a year AND 200 transactions threshold for Paypal to notify the IRS and give me a 1099-K. I've heard rumors about this being a loophole that I can take advantage of, and I want more information about that
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Great Question. If you received income from sources, such as consulting, etc., the IRS requires you to either in Miscellaneous income or on a Schedule C. If it is from a sale of goods - you would take the net (what you sold it for, less what your cost of the product was). All income (unless tax-exempt) is reportable on your 1040.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.