Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

I want to set up a direct debit for $500 per month to by

Customer Question

I want to set up a direct debit for $500 per month to by taken from my credit union account to pay an approximately $25,000 bill I owe the IRS. I live in Cedar Falls, Iowa. I have filled out a 433-D hard copy and want to send this 433-D form by snail mail. What is the address I should sent to - Mike Klassen
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I have received 5 "intent to terminate installment agreement" forms in the mail and am not sure what to do with these
Category: Finance
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Please give me a moment to prepare your response.

Here is the address for Iowa residents.

Internal Revenue Service Center
Atlanta, GA###-##-####/p>

You also mentioned that you received intent to terminate installment agreement forms. Do you have an installment agreement in place. Did you receive a CP 523 Notice?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know if I revceived a CP 523.

Do you have an installment agreement in place? Did you receive a notice regarding intent to levy (seize) assets?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought I had done this but they have never taken any money. Last November we noticed that no money was taken and we called and paid by phone. Then we noticed that they had not taken any money in December and we called again and they said to call after January 5 due to computer problems. I called yesterday without success due to high callvolume

In the intent to terminate an installment agreement there is termination date where you need to make a payment prior to this. Did your paperwork contain this information?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
on January 25, 2017

I had the same problem with calling in to the IRS. It makes it very hard to resolve issues if you are not able to get a hold of someone at the IRS. It is very frustrating. You would need to make sure that you make the payment prior to January 25th. I would continue to try to call the IRS.