Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

What are several good writing resources either in various

formats (e.g., books, online, etc.)...
What are several good writing resources either in various formats (e.g., books, online, etc.)? I need to brush up on writing research papers, as well as client facing materials. There may be other asks of me too, such as having items published in journals (not the extremely hard ones in which professors are hard pressed to get accepted).
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2017
SuperiorTutor
SuperiorTutor, Graduate of Finance and Accounting

Hi. There are a dozen sources but you have to tell me first about the area where you would be researching. Also, we provide writing services as well, so if you have any work you can post it as a question, and put in the 'writing homework' category with the title 'For SuperiorTutor only' - I would be glad to help. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It would be in business area. I'm a subject matter expert in investing/financial planning but also cover financial innovation. Since this is for work, I'm not sure I could post things on the site. But I would be interested in some intermediate to advanced resources that you think would take me to the next level. Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, are you working on this or should I ask another expert? Please let me know. Thanks!

Well. I am sorry but your question seems too general to let me help you. I needed some specifics so to help you in the best way possible. But if you want another expert then I will opt out thanks

49erLBSU

Good afternoon Dave,

Went ahead to research what has been listed as the best books on business writing in order to help build and grow your business.

1. Inc Magazine in 2016 listed the top books to review:

http://www.inc.com/kaleigh-moore/8-must-read-books-on-business-writing.html

Forbes Magazine reported when the title was published that the HBR book by Bryan Garner is one of the best on the market and can help in getting you to the next level.

2. GoodReads is a great site that has previous readers review books that have received positive reviews:

https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/business-writing

I hope that this list was found useful as please inform me of additional questions/concerns you might have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Librarian Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, Michael! I actually tried to post directly to you but you were offline. Let me take a look at the lists and get back to you. I hate to admit some of these titles are already on my bookshelves.

Glad to hear that some of these titles are on your bookshelf. Review the list as you might find a title or two that can be added to help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks again, Mike! Do you recommend anything in particular on writing white papers?

You are welcome as I am sure there is a title or two above you do not already own or have read yet.

As for recommendations on writing white papers, consider:

1. Look over the references listed at the end of this report from the Kennedy Center at Harvard:

https://www.hks.harvard.edu/ocpa/cms/files/communications-program/writing-resources/writing-public-speaking-handouts/HO_HERMAN_White-Papers-Briefing-Books-WS_10_31_12.pdf

2. Crafting White Paper 2.0

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0557163242/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0557163242&linkCode=as2&tag=thwhpagu-20&linkId=FXJBFQOXRV7OO6YK

3. Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977716937/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0977716937&linkCode=as2&tag=thwhpagu-20&linkId=XJ5H5E7VJFGAZTAD

Librarian Michael

Librarian Michael

49erLBSU
49erLBSU
49erLBSU
49erLBSU