How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bkb1956 Your Own Question
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3780
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
bkb1956 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 22 years of service with a company, am 67 years old

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: ]I have 22 years of service with a company, am 67 years old and wish to retire. What are the tax implication of retiring as oppose to resigning?
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: NSW
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: No not yet, I am thinking at this stage.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because you are over age 65 and have reached your Preservation Age, there are no tax implications whether you resign or retire.

The following links contain excellent information you will find helpful:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  bkb1956 replied 9 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.