Finance

Have finance questions? Ask a financial expert online.

2015 adjusting entries/depreciation for your or your CPA.

Customer Question
2015 adjusting entries/depreciation for...

2015 adjusting entries/depreciation for your or your CPA. Our LLC account just sent me this email and I have no ideal what she is talking about.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I'm a operating partner in a restaurant I get paid to run two locations

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Like

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2017
Financial Professional: Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Is the accountant asking for the prior year journal entries? Did you switch CPA firms this year?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO I have always done my own taxes.

Is your bookkeeper asking for this information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir

If you used a tax software to prepare the return the software creates a depreciation schedule. This is the information that is being requested.

It sounds like your bookkeeper is trying to determine how much to record for depreciation for the prior year.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok that helps

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.