Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Back in 2014 I set up an additional seller account on amazon

Customer Question

back in 2014 I set up an additional seller account on amazon in a friend's name. I paid the taxes for the amount on my taxes however I forgot it was linked to their social security number. Would I just have them 1099 misc me the amount of money I made off of amazon as they were just helping me out and did not receive any of the money?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No that's it I am pretty sure
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Yes, that's exact;t the right way to handle that.

...

They should get you the 1099 by the end of January.

...

Let me know if you have any questions.

...

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

But if you need more on this, please let me know.

Lane