Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

How can I get my money back from western union if I lost my

Customer Question
tracking number JA: We have a...
How can I get my money back from western union if I lost my tracking number
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: What if it has been in the longer then 30 days and I am the sender
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I made a money transaction from nacogdoches to Houston and it was a couple of months ago I lost my tracking number and now when I go to the Store they tell me to call a number that doesn't work and notching are anyone is helping me and I have sent money more than once
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Just would like this fixed please
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Finance
11/27/2016
Financial Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane. You have reached JUSTANSWER.COM, a web site that connects users with experts in finance, tax, law and other areas. (You are not talking with Western Union) But I may be able to help.

...

Western Union's Customer Care says this, about situations where you've lost your MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)

...

"You'll need the following information to track your money transfer:

1. Tracking number (MTCN) or sender's phone number
2. Receiver's country
3. Amount sent

If you don't know the tracking number (MTCN) or phone number associated with your profile, you can enter the following information to track your money transfer:

1. Sender's first name
2. Sender's last name
3. Receiver's country
4. Receiver's first name
5. Receiver's last name
6. Date the money was sent
7. Amount sent"

...

If you call the number on this page https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/track-transfer.html and provide all of this information and show them that their OWN customer care area says that if you don't have the MTCN number you can still track and retrieve the transfer by providing this information, they should be able to help you.

...

There's also a chat function on that page that would allow you to paste in the customer care web site that says this. Here it is: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/customer-care/cc-faqs.html

...

Look about two thirds down the page

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS