How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Financial Analyst and Licensed Attorney
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 19657
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Received letter from welfare stating in 1997-98 I received

Customer Question

received letter from welfare stating in 1997-98 I received overpayment if I don't pay they will set off state taxes...can this happen? I didn't receive a overpayment .
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Yes, unfortunately, your tax refund could be intercepted for the alleged overpayment if the overpayment is not repaid. If you are disputing this overpayment, you need to contact the agency that sent you the notice and ask for the process to contest the overpayment.

Goodluck with your case,