How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bkb1956 Your Own Question
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3597
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
bkb1956 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bob has a friend who's willing to help him out and invest in

Customer Question

Bob has a friend who's willing to help him out and invest in a company that Bob will start. Bob is putting in sweat. He'd prefer that friend doesn't have rights, and has the lowest percentage s-allocation as legally possible. How does it work?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

I'm not understanding why Bob's friend would agree (since he is investing in the company), but

A company that desires the flow-through taxation benefits of an S corporation is not required to issue identical stock to all of its owners. The company can issue voting common stock and non-voting stock as long as the stock has identical rights to distributions and liquidation proceeds.

The stock percentage can be decided between Bob and his friend.

The following links contain excellent information you will find helpful:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  bkb1956 replied 10 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,