Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

Oil Prices. How can I find out 'EXPECTATIONS' for 'builds'

Oil Prices. How can I find...
Oil Prices.
How can I find out 'EXPECTATIONS' for 'builds' and/or 'draws' of crude oil stocks "CL"
(also gasoline RBOB and Heating Oil of interest, but Crude Oil is the driver)
--American Petroleum Institute (Tuesday afternoon reports at 4:30 PM Eastern Time Zone
--Energy Information Association (Wednesday morning reports at 10:30 Eastern Time Zone
I receive daily, sometimes twice daily, Hightower Commodities Report emailed to me, and
I receive twice weekly, Oil Price.com (including 'premium'). emails...
....so I get the draws and builds, but after the fact.
...It is crucial to know as much as legally/ethically possible before the reports/statistics are released.
The big trading departments may have electronic equipment that 'reads' the reports within a nanosecond, and place trades, and the price typically moves 1% or so in the first second or so upon release. For Oil that can be a 40-50 cent move in one second. (1% on the Dow Jones is about 180 points!)
The 'estimates' of the builds and draws are by no means guaranteed, but it would be very helpful to weigh them on the balance sheet in my small time Oil trading strategy.
I need some real incisive direction here. I already receive daily emails from Hightower and OilPrice (twice a week), and they provide the figures usually, but maybe not until an hour after the big 'one second spike....or drop'. CNBC, Bloomberg, and Fox Business are likewise delayed....as they have a lot of other topics competing for air time. I am only trading one commodity: Oil.
Please respond only if you know in depth, (but not 'inside') information...only legal ethical estimates of expected builds and draws.. Roger ****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question of 5 minutes ago concerned COMMODITIES TRADING...Specifically Oil.
I think the 'lawyers' came up on my 'choices' but I think that is because most of my previous questions were legal in nature. This question concerns information about Crude Oil stocks....builds and draws....not really what most lawyers do...but Commodities traders.
Please re-direct my very recent question from lawyers to commodities traders.
Answered in 1 day by:
10/28/2016
TaxGreg
TaxGreg, Tax Enthusiast

Hi, I'm Greg. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide theå specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

TaxGreg
TaxGreg, Tax Enthusiast
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mr. White,I'm glad to learn you are working on my question.
It is an in depth request, as it is a professional financial question of substantial importance. The professional knowledge here is far beyond the typical investor/trader, although your answer could possibly be quite concise if indeed effective.....how to learn what Oil stocks are, preferably on a daily basis, rather than the weekly American Petroleum Institute (private) numbers or the Energy Information Agency (government).
TaxGreg
TaxGreg
TaxGreg, Tax Enthusiast