Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Ive lost my payment summaries? i need to do my tax return,

Customer Question

ive lost my payment summaries? i need to do my tax return
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i've moved a lot in the last 3 months and paper work has gone missing. and trying to remember my old employer last year is difficult. also some of my old employers. let just say i didnt leave on good terms. i would mprefer not to call them.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no just cant find them thats all.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help here

...

You can get this information by going to IRS' Get transcript

...

Every employer sends a copy of your W-2 to the IRS. This is then entered into your IRS transcript account.

..

(This is how they know whether you're reporting the income - The system expects to see a return with your social security number reporting the income that was reported TO them, tied to your social security number)

...

If you go to the Get transcript site and once you're in, select "Wage and Income transcript," you'll see every W-2 and 1099 that was sent in on your social security number by the employer(s).

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 8 months ago.

Again, here's that website: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

And if you'd prefer not to do that, you can use the paper form 4506-T to request a transcript and it will be sent within 10 business days.

...

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated.

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you!

Lane

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Master’s Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986