bigduckontax
bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm due to retire from my current employment and have a

Customer Question

I'm due to retire from my current employment and have a private pension where I can be paid a lump sum and the balance will be paid to me every month . I'm not due to receive my national pension until year 2018
What low risk investment can you advise me to put my money in to gain some profit till my full retirement age .
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why can't I get an answer to my question
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still waiting for an answer
Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll try to assist.

What country are you in?

Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

Hi again. PDtax here. I took the liberty of looking into your question history, and see you are British. Your question was posted to US finance/tax.

I will let site management know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I am not licensed to give investment advice, but my recommendations scarcely qualify as such! For safety i would suggest National Savings products, even Premium Bonds if you feel like a gamble, otherwise Building Society or bank deposit accounts.

Many National Savings products are tax free and, of course, from the 16/17 tax year, the first 1000 quid of interest is also tax free to basic rate tax payers (500 if you are on the higher rate).

I do hope that I have shown you a safe way forward.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is the basic interest rate on national savings products

It varies from product to product. You can find all the rates here:

http://www.nsandi.com/our-products