Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Wondering how to open a small business account and what

Customer Question

Hi wondering how to open a small business account and what would be the smartest way to open it
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: We are spiritual business coaches and my husband is a rabbi and this is the first time we are going out on our own
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: we are currently transitioning out of a non profit organization that we worked with and going into our own business
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help here.

...

You may want to look at setting up an LLC for your business. Although many recommend S-Corps as a knee jerk reaction, the administrative overhead and lack of flexibility is typically more costly and restrictive, respectively, that what' needed early on.

...

Going here:https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online and getting an EIN (the tax ID for your business) along with setting up the LLC with your secretary of state (typically a $50 to $150 fee) not only sets the stage for the providing the corporatie liability protection of the LLC, but gives you what most banks need for a business account;

...

A tax ID for the business, and

...

Article of organization for your business entity.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

If you'd like to give me your state, I can sho you the site where you can file the LLC (or other corporate registration) with your secretary of state.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, before rating me.

...

And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.

...

Thank you,

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, a Masters Degree, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986