How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bkb1956 Your Own Question
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3802
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 20+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
bkb1956 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 36 and on medicaid. He has a room in our house. He

Customer Question

My son is 36 and on medicaid. He has a room in our house. He does not have a job and has not filed an income tax form. He is renewing this medicaid form. Do we have to give out information on our finances in the form. We are both retired
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does have mental health issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We do not claim him as a dependent.
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because your son is age 19 or over, a non-dependent, and does not file a tax return, your financial information is not included on the form.

The following link contains excellent information you will find helpful:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions about this topic. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,