How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need the assistance of someone to fill out a ucc-1 for me,

Customer Question

hi, I need the assistance of someone to fill out a ucc-1 for me
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: a company owes me money for credit services he did not provide and he does not answer hisp hone
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: he owes me $5,500 for not providing credit profile number services for me
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

An UCC-1 Form is for secured loan. That is you had a collateral sold to him/her. In the case of a loan secured by personal property collateral, the filing of a financing statement gives notice of a lien against the property so that other lenders or buyers of the personal property will know of the security interest. It is most commonly used for person properties such as equipment. So, new buyers of the equipment will check and make sure that there is no lien against that particular equipment.

In the situation you describes, you possibly paid him for 5,500 for him to provide a credit profile number services for you and he did not.

You need to go to court to get a court order judgment against him in order to proceed with collection activity.

Also, if you suspect that he is committing fraud because he stopped answering his phone after he received your money, you probably need to go to police department to report the situation. They may advice you the next step to go. If the person has a pattern, now your realized, to cheat client, you may walk in the local FBI office to report. FBI may accept your case to investigate. One small string may pull out of a lot of fraudulent activities and sometimes network.

However, to collect and recovery monetarily, you need to start with the court and not the UCC report. You may want to consider to retain an attorney, legal consultation and help. At this point, this is a dispute on invoice, billing, customer complaint. You need to get a court order to make it a debt owed by him to you and for you to have legal authority and procedure to recover from him.

Please feel free to follow up.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you great advice also one more question I wired the money from my New York account to Georgia should I request a police report in New York or one from Georgia
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

You should do police report at both locations, one at where you are and one at where he is.

In terms of the possible lawsuit, you need to consult with an attorney. It is likely that you get to file in the federal court and not in the state court.

Because you have interstate wire transfer, you can report to the FBI.

Also, you may want to report to your State's Attorney's Office.