Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

Thank you Robin. The tax benefit I was referring to was the

Customer Question
ability of the man (by...
Thank you Robin. The tax benefit I was referring to was the ability of the man (by taking himself out of the loop inheritance-wise w/r/t that property) to NOT have the value of the property reduce his lifetime exemption, as he has other assets, and the inclusion of that property would push his worth over the exemption limit. Hence my question about "poisoning" the disclaimer. Am I being clear? It's hard to express!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
9/3/2016
Financial Professional: TaxRobin, Senior Advisor replied 1 year ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

As long as you never legally own the property then this disclaimer of inheritance woudl not be a GIFT from you nor woudl it reduce your Lifetime allowance especially for your estate.

If you disclaim properly then the property woudl not be a part of your estate either.

TaxRobin
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor