Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

I'm 60, want to work 10 more years I have money in my

Customer Question
i'm 60, want to work...
i'm 60, want to work 10 more years
I have money in my checking account and I feel like I can get a better return than the bank, something I know everyone would agree with.
I have $78,000 in my account. What's a low risk way to invest in cases similar to mine?
Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2016
Financial Professional: bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are correct that you can receive a better return on your money than by keeping it in a bank account.

The following link contains excellent information regarding investments which you will find helpful:

http://www.moneycrashers.com/low-risk-investments-high-returns/

Just Answer rules prohibit experts from specifically recommending a specific company, etc.

Once you review the information in the link, please let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

very helpful. If I want to say invest in a mutual fund or any of the things on the list, where do I go? Ameritrade? Do they sell stocks and bonds?
Lost on this issue and I know how critical it is. Thanks!!

You most certainly can use Ameritrade or eTrade or you can use a conventional broker such as Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc.

Doing your own research before investing will also help.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb

bkb1956
bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast