Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

How can I apply for NET30/Easy Business Credit Terms for my

Customer Question
new business purchase computer equipment?...
How can I apply for NET30/Easy Business Credit Terms for my new business purchase computer equipment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
7/31/2016
Financial Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Purchaser,

You can get the credit term from whomever is willing to sell you on this term. You can request the seller and you can negotiate.

There is no universal credential we can get to have all vendors sell goods to us on such term.

A lot of times, if the vendor is not willing to sell to us on this term is because they need cash or they don't want to and cannot take on the liability risk, and not because we don't have good credit or records. Also, if they need the sales, they may grant the credit to us, even if our credit history is below perfect. If we are a larger company or larger purchaser, purchasing with credit is somehow beneficial to us, then, we want to negotiate with such terms. For a lot of small businesses, because we cannot gain much interest on the money during 30 days, we usually prefer a current discount in the sales price than a 30 day credit purchase.

Another simple easy way to get Net 30/easy business credit terms is through our own business credit cards. For example, American Express card is popular among many businesses because it has no credit limit or a rough credit limit to its qualified users. As long as the credit card user pays off the balance on time, the more you use the card, the more the credit limit increases.

American Express card is popular also because its points are generous and can be used for goods and services such as airline mileages.

This card is popular for a relatively mid-size business because it has a yearly membership fee.

A lot of credit card companies are trying all kinds of benefits to their users. Most of the credit cards has no fees and interests if we pay off the balance within 30 days. Then, you got your Net 30 credit term. There are credit cards to attract new customers advertising that when we charge, they give us award points with cash back, and when we pay, again, we can also get award points or cash back.

If there is a particular vendor that you would like to establish such a term with them, you can and may need to specifically apply. For example, Home Depot and Best Buy give clients credit line or purchase credit lines. Some vendors will allow customer establish a company (business) account. Then, what happens is that if we don't pay off within 30 days, we are charged with interests. Then, you got your Net 30 day term that way.

If you have more specific follow-up questions, please feel fee to continue. Otherwise, I am ready to be evaluated by you for your satisfaction with my answer to your question.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay Fiona so what are the steps to follow to have successful trade with companies under net terms

Dear Credit Term,

I am offering you a follow-up phone call service for full and further discussion. Your screen will prompt you the next steps to take regarding this offer.

Thank you,

Fiona

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

You are welcome.

Regards,

Fiona

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dr. Fiona any software to use to create my company PO invoice easily without stress ???

Dear Invoice,

I have offered premium service for us to talk on the phone to fully discuss the issues and concerns you may have. This subject and the previous one are different than the question you posted. If you accept the service offer, we can discuss more fully over the phone.

Regards,

Fiona

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay then I will find better time to contact you over phone so that you can help me
Out thanks for your patients.

Dear Invoice,

Have a great day. I look forward to discussing further with you.

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen