Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

The house my wife and I live in is just in my name. On a

Customer Question

The house my wife and I live in is just in my name. On a financing application just for my wife, can she claim $0 for a house payment/rent to lower her calculated debt to income?
Category: Finance
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 1 year ago.

Yes. However, make sure it is not on her credit report. Also - they will probably ask if she rents or owns on the application, though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not on her credit report. Which box should she check? Can she claim to rent or own with a $0 payment?

The reason why I am asking about the rent or own - they may ask if she is paying anything toward the house - does she contribute towards the mortgage - then I would select rent and put in her $ amount. Hope this helps.