Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

I am an independent delivery contractor. One of my clients

Customer Question
pays an hourly rate plus...
I am an independent delivery contractor. One of my clients pays an hourly rate plus a distance bonus. Does the distance bonus (based on mileage) affect my ability to use the standard mileage deduction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
7/7/2016
Financial Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can still use the standard mileage but you will need to reduce it by the mileage bonus received OR you will have to include the bonus in your taxable income. It comes to the same thing.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser