emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I am an independent delivery contractor. One of my clients

Customer Question

I am an independent delivery contractor. One of my clients pays an hourly rate plus a distance bonus. Does the distance bonus (based on mileage) affect my ability to use the standard mileage deduction?
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can still use the standard mileage but you will need to reduce it by the mileage bonus received OR you will have to include the bonus in your taxable income. It comes to the same thing.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.