How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 15738
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 yrs. old. I want to withdraw my IRA to purchase my

Customer Question

I am 68 yrs. old. I want to withdraw my IRA to purchase my 1st home. What taxes and penalties am I looking at?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


You will add the amount you take out to your income so that amount will increase your income for the year.

You will not have any penalty because you are over 59 1/2 years of age.

The tax is just regular tax nothing special or separate. The amount is added to your income and taxed at the regular rate for your filing status.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded