How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2608
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Greetings! I would like to form an LLC as real estate

Customer Question

Greetings! I would like to form an LLC as real estate appraisal company. I only paid for myself as W2. However, I would like to hire 2 employees and I only want to pay 1099. Is there any form to protect me for them to come back later for unemployment benefit? Please advise. Thank you!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unless you elect to be treated as corporation or scorp, you do not pay yourself through payroll or issue W2. If your workers are employees (w2) or independent contractors (1099) depends on several factors:

Here is difference:

If you misclasify your employees as contractors you may get in trouble with IRS and state agencies as well. The only way to protect yourself is to treat them as contractors.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?