How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Preparer
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Personal Investment, Tax Preparation
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has a credit card and I am an authorized user. I

Customer Question

My daughter has a credit card and I am an authorized user. I have always used the card and made the payments on time. However it has a high balance and a high payment and it is causing her not to get a mortgage loan. can I write a letter taking responsibility for the card and provide years of bank statements showing that i have always made the payments and not her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

That letter will make NO difference. If you want to clear your daughter's credit history - you need to open another credit card under your name only and transfer the balance to your only card.

That card (under your daughter's name) will be paid off and her credit score will increase.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.