Finance

Have Finance Questions? Ask a Financial Expert Online.

Finance

I gave a Tax Attorney a $4500.00 retainer, and then $450.00

Customer Question
a month for a year...
I gave a Tax Attorney a $4500.00 retainer, and then $450.00 a month for a year to represent me in front of the IRS for a tax problem I have. After all that money and time, he strung me along. I found out later thru the BBB that is what he does, when it came time to represent me in front of the IRS he said I owed him money and he dropped my case like a ton crap and I had to go before the IRS by myself. I can tell you ot did not work out the way he said it would and I still owe over $68,000.00 in income taxes between the Federal Government and the State Tax in the State that I reside. Every year they take any refund that I have coming to me and still have a lien on my property for the full amount owed. Some how I think I got screwed by this man and I do not know what to do. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Finance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/8/2016
Financial Professional: Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant replied 1 year ago
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist.

I feel really sorry for your situation. From what you have narrated, it becomes more than clear that you have been a victim of poorest and unprofessional service by your lawyer. This seems a clear case of professional misconduct and negligence as well.

My very strong advice would be to approach CT Bar Association and file a complaint with them against your lawyer. Please refer and follow the following link.

https://www.jud.ct.gov/sgc/for_public.htm

You not only have right to ask for your fees but also go after him for the damage that he has caused to you.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,

Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada