How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bkb1956 Your Own Question
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3357
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
Type Your Finance Question Here...
bkb1956 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it good financially to go into business ?

Customer Question

Is it good financially to go into business for myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they are taken off Social Security on taxes on your checks but they have it on the paper are they going to give you a 1099 or W-2 and use that paper as a W-2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they were taken money from my checks January to March and they said that they weren't taking off but they never give . And now they're taking money away and they say that W2's and they're giving us handwritten checks still
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are working for someone who is telling you that they are withholding income taxes and social security and medicare taxes, they should give you a W-2 at the end of the year so you know what to report on your tax return.

My best advice is to keep your own records of what your salary should be and the amount that you are being paid by handwritten check. In this way, you will know what amount your employer is withholding for taxes.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,