Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

What should I do with my 401. I'm 62 this year cash it in

Customer Question

What should I do with my 401. I'm 62 this year cash it in put money in my own safe?
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. It would be not advisable to cash your entire 401K all at once. You will get hit with a huge tax bill and if you already collect social security benefits, up to 85% of it could be taxable. It is also not the best retirement planing strategy to keep large amount of cash in a safe. Ideally you want your retirement savings to be invested and earn interest. You can support your income with monthly distributions from your 401K. You can also roll it over into your Individual retirement account - IRA. If you are comfortable to manage and invest your own retirement savings you can do it on your own or you can hire an adviser to do it for you.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?