How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 4543
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There I recently called the ATO in regards ***** ***** out standing

Customer Question

Hi there
I recently called the ATO in regards ***** ***** out standing BAS statements.The records show everthing up to 2014,unbeknown my company ACN was deregistered, I have finished with this company and am now a sole trader, my question is am I obliged to pay any BAS from end of 2014 to now as I wasn't registered, my last tax return was 2013/ 2014 .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.Even if you have canceled your ACN, you ARE obligated to complete the Activity Statements even if your company is or is being deregistered. You are obligated to file previous statements, BAS. I am sure this would help.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of yourquestion.Warm Regards,