bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
71603090

I would like an up-dated 2016 list of all countries where UN Pension i

Customer Question

I would like an up-dated 2016 list of all countries where UN Pension income are tax exempt when we are resident of that country.
The source of information should received as legal reference.
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloAnything specific for 2016 is not out yet so you will have to rely on 2015 published information.The OECD has compiled pension information for the countries. Look to Table 4 on page 16 which shows you the tax on pensions for each country.There is no specific information for UN pension because the pension taxation depends on residency and the source of the pension. The source is generally seen as from earnings in the US (even though the earnings may not have been taxable in the US).I sincerely ***** ***** is helpfulhttp://www.oecd.org/pensions/private-pensions/Stocktaking-Tax-Treatment-Pensions-OECD-EU.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you have not answer my question the document you provide me is already available on the web and do not respond to my request. what are the specific country who is providing a tax exemption for the United Nations pension income.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
I will put your question back out there for someone else to respond to.Another will respond to you.
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.
Different expert here - I have contacted UNJSPF via email to see if they have such a list or can point me in the right direction to obtain such a list. I will let you know what I find out.Best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already contacted UNJSPF and they do not have such a listing. Searching on the web I have identified the Emirate, India, Austria, and Malaysia, who provide a full tax exemption on United Nations pension income. This search on the web took me less than 10 minutes to got these information. I was thinking you will provide me with better feedback on my request, but apparently it is not the case !!!
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.
To be honest, my research revealed more countries that provide full exemption on UN pension income than you have listed in your latest response. I hope that UNJSPF can possibly point me in a better direction, but I will continue to research this and let you know.Best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your effort to satisfied my request. I am awaiting your reply.
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.
I plan on giving the UNJSPF a couple more days to respond to my email. If I do not hear from them, I will call their NY office.Thanks for your patience.Best regards,Barb
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 year ago.
FYI--I called the NY office of UNJSPF, but the hold time was excessive. However, the recorded message mentioned that replies to emails take at least 7 days, and my email is still within that timeframe. I'll let you know what I find out.Best regards,Barb