How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rakhi Vasavada Your Own Question
Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 2608
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Rakhi Vasavada is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband received RMD through s stock investment with. I

Customer Question

My husband received RMD through his stock investment with ***** *****. I cannot find where to put this RMD on the tax forms; the 1099R's I received from ***** ***** did not say anything about RMD, just that this was taxable income. Tax Act is not answering their phone, and I need the answer because now they have in income listed IRA distribution and the amount listed is under 11(b) as being $31,864, and under 12(b) they have $36.930. Neither of these were on the 1099R's I received from ***** *****. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

The RMDs would be included on the 1099-R amounts. If all of the distributions were from IRAs, then the total taxable amounts would be entered on line 11(b) of the 1040A. Line 12(b) is for distributions from retirement accounts other than IRAs such as pensions, 401(k)s, 403(b)s.