How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Accountant
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 3566
Experience:  Tax Accountant
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted a dis-enrollment request form medicare on

Customer Question

I submitted a dis-enrollment request form for Part B medicare on 12/29/15. As of today, 3/21/16, nothing has changed and they are holding about $500 per mo. from my Soc. Sec payment for Part B medicare. I called on 3/8 and they sent a message/reminder to the process. But now they are saying that the 'typical' 60 day processing time started over again on 3/8.
What can I do to get this process completed so they stop deducting the $500 per month from our Soc. Sec payments. If they start the 60 day clock again at each 'reminder' note, this could go on for years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

If you followed the steps below, my suggestion is that you contact your local social security office and schedule an appointment with a supervisor. Explain to the supervisor what has transpired and hopefully he or she can expedite the dis-enrollment process for you. SEE BELOW:

To disenroll, you’re required to submit a form (CMS-1763) that must be completed either during a personal interview at a Social Security office or on the phone with a Social Security representative. For an interview, call the Social Security Administration at 1-***-***-****, or your local office.

Medicare insists on an interview to make sure you know the consequences of dropping out of Part B—for example, that you might have to pay a late penalty if you want to re-enroll in the program in the future.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If all is clear, please be so kind as to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I may receive credit for assisting you this evening.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In your response you said "If" I followed the directions below". I had already told you in my question that I had submitted the form on 12/29.What would be helpful is if you explained 'how' I can contact a Soc. Sec. supervisor, and also if it is true that the 60 days to process started over when the reminder notice was sent to the processing group on Mar 8th.If you are unfamiliar with the Soc. Security processes, please let me know so I won't waste your time or mine. Thanks,
G. Long
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

I did inform you how to contact a supervisor. I mentioned that you should contact your local social security office and schedule a meeting with a supervisor. This statement is mentioned in the very first line.

While I am familiar with some social security processes, I am not familiar with them all, therefore, I am going to opt out so that someone else may be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point I'm finding the answers somewhat less than helpful for my issue. What I was told instead was to call Soc. Sec. and make an appointment
I needed specific advice on what I might be able to do and how to go about doing it as well as if the information Soc. Sec. has told me so far is valid. . Nothing about how to get through the system to a supervisor or what to say or rather the 60 day start-over is valid, etc.
Thanks you for the initial response but at this point I will cancel the Amex payment.