How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 7195
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Finance Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been late in filing some years in NJ tax and want to

Customer Question

I have been late in filing some years in NJ tax and want to get everything fixed. My daughter called up the NJ tax information line and they told her that to get records of returns filed and payments made (in some years that I did not file it would be faster go go to the office in person. What do I need to do so that they will release the information to her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

You need to formally appoint her as your representative. For New Jersey purposes that is done with Form M-5008-R. The form may be downloaded and printed out & then you would give it to your daughter & she can call and make an appointment or deal with them over the phone if she faxes the completed form to them.

Here's a link to the page where you can download the proper form.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Steve G.