Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Financial Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I have been late in filing some years in NJ tax and want to

Customer Question

I have been late in filing some years in NJ tax and want to get everything fixed. My daughter called up the NJ tax information line and they told her that to get records of returns filed and payments made (in some years that I did not file it would be faster go go to the office in person. What do I need to do so that they will release the information to her?
Category: Finance
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

You need to formally appoint her as your representative. For New Jersey purposes that is done with Form M-5008-R. The form may be downloaded and printed out & then you would give it to your daughter & she can call and make an appointment or deal with them over the phone if she faxes the completed form to them.

Here's a link to the page where you can download the proper form.

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/prntpoa.shtml

Let me know if you have any further questions.